Wednesday, July 21, 2010

All SMILES!

I got some absolutely amazing news, today! It's still kind of on the down low for now. I'll let you guys know about it once everything is finalized. I'm Happy!!!
Band camp wasn't so band, today. I made several of the girls do 10 push-ups or 15 crunches for not being able to play their music. Tomorrow, they have to have a portion of the opener memorized. If they don't, I told them the entire section is going to have to run. However, there were 5 girls who didn't take home their clarinets. I'm kind of hoping that they are not able to play it, and I am going to work the crap out of them! I clearly told them at least 10 times that they are going to have to play their music memorized tomorrow or have to run! I don't understand why they would leave their clarinets at the school. That is a complete slap in the face, basically.

Genesis 11
v. 1 "Now the whole world had one language and a common speech." This reminds me of the saying "Music is the universal language."
v. 6-7 really cracks me up. It says that all of the people were speaking one language and God realized that for them nothing would be impossible. There would be no reason for the people to rely on him. Therefore, he scattered the people and gave all of the peoples different languages in order to confuse them! How funny!
My challenge for you is this: Try to communicate some over the next few days without words. You never know just how far a simple smile will go!


No comments:

Post a Comment