Monday, July 19, 2010

My life has been kinda crazy lately. The reason I haven't updated lately is because I've been in Starkville, lately. I went up there Thursday to Sunday to pack up my apartment. My apartment is so empty, now! It's crazy! I brought home a car...or SUV load of boxes and other stuff! It seemed like I had so much stuff in my car, but when we put it all out in the barn, it seemed like just a small pile. I still have just as much stuff left. Plus, I have to get all of my furniture: a couch, a recliner, a piano, a table with 4 chairs, 2 other chairs, a bed, and a desk! I don't know how we're going to be able to move all of that stuff back next weekend! We'll have my vehicle and my dad's truck with a trailer. I really hope I don't have to take 2 trips!
Today was the beginning of the Kosciusko band camp! It is so weird being up there and knowing only about 10 students out of the 135+ students. Also, the staff is basically completely different. Mr. Bishop is the only one left. Camp is run so differently under Mr. Yates. It's pretty great though. I like the way he runs things. Maybe one day I'll be able to work under him! HA! The kids are doing a great job! They got their music today and played through the entire show! We had only worked on one song when they did this! That one song is pretty ridiculous. It's hard. However, the other two songs are pretty easy. I'm excited about what this year has in store for Big Red. I hope I get the chance to watch them perform a few times.
Next week, I'll be working at the Clinton HS band camp under my old HS director, Mr. Mangum. I look forward to that camp, as well. Maybe I'll be able to work under him one day! HA!
I feel as if being in grad school is getting so close on me! I got 2 of my books in the mail, today. I am waiting on 2 more. Also, I got an email saying that one of my scholarship letters has been placed in the mail for me to sign and send back. I'm really excited about going to grad school. (Notice: I never said I was excited about going to OM.) Kinda on the same note, I look forward to driving back to Starkville almost every weekend to watch MSU football! MSU rocks my socks! I'm going to miss Starkville and MSU so much! I am going to miss all of the friendships I have made. Starkville has really become home to me. I don't look forward to having to move to Oxford and being alone all the time outside of school. Pray that I make some friends fast-or stay really busy with school so that I don't have time for friends! And pray that I have the motivation to put forth the effort needed for grad school. I don't need to be getting lazy! HA.

I want to thank a friend of mine. She really encouraged me this weekend and kind of put me in my place. She asked me why I haven't been updating my blog the past few days, and I told her how I had been in Starkville without internet. Well, she replied asking if I had read my Bible. And I said no, I accidentally left in in Kosciusko. Her response was pretty great. You know how you got an iPhone? There's an app for that. Sadly, my response was "I have it."
I just want to thank her for reading my blog and taking the opportunity to encourage me. She could have easily not said anything at all. Or when I told her I had left my Bible in Kosciusko, she could have said-Oh okay! You can read it later! But, she didn't. She reprimanded me, and I appreciate that!

Before I talk about Genesis 9, I want to go back and mention something from chapter 1. We talked about this in Sunday School yesterday, and I had never noticed it.
God made everything during the creation. After day 1, he said it was good. Day2, it was good. So on and so forth. However, Look at day 6. God made male and female and it was VERY good! Pretty cool stuff.

Genesis 9
v. 6 "...for in the image of God has God made man." The writers of Genesis keep reiterating that God made man in his own image. This just hit me. God made everyone in his image. Therefore, what right do we have fun to talk about other people? I know I am the world's worst. And you probably are all agreeing with me right now. But what makes me so much better than someone else if we are both created in the image of God? Is it my car or my phone or my clothes? We all know that none of that can be taken with us after death-so what does it really matter?
Our church drama team is called IMAGE (I Must Act Godly Everywhere). The theme verse is Ephesians 4:24-We are created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
If I am making fun of someone-someone made in the image of God- First, I am making fun of God and saying that he doesn't make all things beautiful. Second, I am not acting as if I was created to be like God in all things.

I am noticing so much new stuff lately by reading God's word!
Starting in v. 20-It tells how Noah gets drunk and passes out naked! I wonder how God felt about this. I mean-back in chapter 6, God talks about how Noah was the most righteous and he walked with God. Okay-Noah was the only person that was "good" enough to be saved from the flood. However, he goes out and gets drunk and passes out. Pretty sad.
Anyways, Noah's son sees him passed out naked. So, he goes and tells his brothers. The brothers go cover up Noah. When Noah wakes up, he gets mad at the son who told his brothers! What the crap? He's the one who was passed out drunk!!! I don't really get this. Someone needs to explain to me the hidden meaning here. It makes no sense to me.

P.S. I still need to read Radical chapter 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment