Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How appropriate is it that last night I was reading about Noah and today I went to the zoo? It was a lot of fun. I went with the children's ministry from our church. I was in charge of the fifth and sixth grade girls (they requested me!) I'm am really tired from all of that. It was really hot! Here's a kinda fuzzy picture of me riding a sumatran tiger on the carousel!
photo.JPG

Genesis 8
The rain has stopped, and the flood waters are beginning to dry up. Chapter 8 tells a lot of dates. The seventeenth day of the seventh month. The first day of the tenth month.
"By the first day of the first month....the water had dried up from the earth." What is the first day of the first month? New Year's Day! What decisions are made at New Year's? New Year's Resolutions! I wonder what Noah's resolutions were. He was on a "new" earth. Within a matter of a few months, everything in his world had been turned upside down! What do you think was going through Noah's mind at this time?
During the next few days, try to remember your 2010 New Year's Resolutions. Are you staying true to them? If you planned on losing weight, there's still enough time before 2011. If you planned to read your Bible more, it's never too late to start. Re-visit those resolutions!

"As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease."

No comments:

Post a Comment